– Supply Chain Insight –

What does it mean to be best-in-class?

In anticipation of our productivity benchmarking platform re-launch on the 22nd of April, we are releasing some important insights from previous studies to illustrate the importance of understanding where your operation stands. 

A best-in-class operation is one that scores within the top 10% of a survey sample in each category.  In the below graphic, we are contrasting these top performers against an average of the remaining study scores (bottom 90%) in one of the most important productivity categories for any distribution operation: cases shipped per paid direct labor hour.

As this study was done exclusively with grocery distributors, the results have been segregated by temperature zone to maintain comparison integrity.

What if your competition was 30% more productive?  or 67% more productive? 

Re-launching April 22nd, 2019


Related Posts

Optimizing Slotting Strategies: Balancing Mass Reslotting and Daily Optimization for Operational Excellence by Hector Orozco on August 25, 2023
Navigating the Transformation: Leadership’s Role in Shaping Optimal Distribution Center Operations by Rodney Bonds on August 22, 2023
Leadership in Optimizing Distribution Center Operations: A Blueprint for Operational Transformation by Hector Orozco on August 11, 2023