Effective date: February 1, 2021
Syncontext (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.syncontext.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
Personal Data. While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
Cookies and Usage Data
Usage Data. We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Syncontext uses the collected data for various purposes:
To provide and maintain the Service
To notify you about changes to our Service
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
To provide customer care and support
To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
To monitor the usage of the Service
To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Legal Requirements. Syncontext may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
To comply with a legal obligation
To protect and defend the rights or property of Syncontext
To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
By accessing or using the website operated at www.syncontext.com and such other locations as made available from time to time (collectively, the “Website”) and the services offered through the Website, you (“you” and, together with all persons accessing or using the Website, collectively, the “Users”) signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) with Kom Systems, Inc. d.b.a Syncontext Supply Chain (“us”, “we” or “our”), in all respects with respect to the Website.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS. THESE INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, VARIOUS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS, AND INDEMNITIES.
Your use of the Website is subject to these Terms and Conditions. If you are not willing to be bound by each term or condition, you may not use, and must cease using, the Website.
- Amendments to these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you, but we will use reasonable efforts to publish each amendment before such amendment becomes effective. We will ensure that the latest, fully amended version of these Terms and Conditions is published on the Website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Website to obtain timely notice of such amendments. If any amendment is unacceptable to you, you may terminate the agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Website as set out in these Terms and Conditions. If you continue to use the Website after the effective date of each amendment, you will be conclusively deemed to have accepted such amended version of these Terms and Conditions.
- Legal Capacity. You represent and warrant that you possess the legal right, capacity, and ability to agree to these Terms and Conditions and use the Website in accordance with them. We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy online. The Syncontext websites covered by these Terms and Conditions are not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger. It is Syncontext’s policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13. If you are using the Website on behalf of a corporation or other organization, you represent and warrant that you have the ability to agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of such organization and all references to “you” throughout these Terms and Conditions will include such organization, jointly and severally with you personally.
- License. We grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license only to use the Website, in accordance with the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms and Conditions are reserved by us and, if applicable, our licensors.
- Website Limitations. The Website depends on the Internet, including networks, cabling, facilities and equipment that is not in our control; accordingly (i) any representation made by us regarding access performance, speeds, reliability, availability, use or consistency of the Website is on a “commercially reasonable efforts” basis, (ii) we cannot guarantee any minimum level regarding such performance, speed, reliability, availability, use or consistency, and (iii) data, messages, information or materials sent over the Internet may not be completely private, and your anonymity is not guaranteed.
- Acceptable Use and Prohibitions.
a. Lawful Use. You will ensure that:
i. you only use the Website for lawful purposes, and
ii. if at any time you become aware of any violation, by any person or entity, of any part of these Terms and Conditions, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy such violation.
ii. disrupt or threaten the integrity, operation or security of any Website, any computer or any Internet system;
iii. disable or circumvent any access control or related process or procedure established with respect to the Website;
iv. sublicense, share, resell, reproduce, copy, distribute, redistribute, or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of, use of or access to, any Website, except where expressly authorized by us; or
v. extract, gather, collect, or store personal information about others without their express consent.
- Proprietary Rights.
a. Content—”Content” means all materials and content, including designs, editorial, text, graphics, audiovisual materials, multimedia elements, photographs, videos, music, sound recordings, reports, documents, software, information, formulae, patterns, data and any other work.
b. Third-Party Content—Content accessed or available through the Website or the Internet may be owned by parties other than you or us (collectively, “Third Party Content”) and may be protected by applicable copyrights, trade-marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. Nothing in your use of the Website or these Terms and Conditions grants you any right, title or interest in or to this Third Party Content except for the limited right to use the Website as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The Website may contain links to Third Party Content on websites operated by parties other than you or us (“Third Party Websites”). We are under no obligation to verify the accuracy of the contents on Third Party Websites, and we do not endorse, warrant, promote or recommend any services or products that may be offered by or accessed through such Third Party Websites or the operators of them.
c. Our Content—Except where expressly stated otherwise, all right, title and interest in and to the Website and all Content, source code, processes, designs, technologies, URLs, domain names, marks and logos forming any part of the Website (collectively, “Our Content”) is fully vested in us, our licensors or our suppliers and are protected by applicable copyrights, trade-marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree that Our Content is licensed subject to the terms of these Terms and Conditions, including the disclaimers and limitations of liability herein. Nothing in your use of the Website or these Terms and Conditions grants you any right, title or interest in or to Our Content except the limited right to use the Website as set out in these Terms and Conditions. Unless otherwise expressly authorized by us in writing, you agree not to
i. copy, modify, deep link, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right or interest in Our Content
ii. distribute, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, of Our Content, to the maximum extent that such prohibition is permitted by applicable law
iii. remove any proprietary notices or labels on or in Our Content, or
iv. allow any other person or entity to engage in any of the foregoing.
d. Your Content—We do not claim ownership of any Content that you post, upload, input, provide, submit or otherwise transmit to us, or any third party, using the Website (collectively, “Your Content”); however, you agree that by posting, uploading, inputting, providing, submitting, entering or otherwise transmitting your Content to us or any third party using the Website,
i. License to Us—You have thereby granted us a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid-up limited license to use, copy, distribute, transmit, display, edit, delete, publish and translate Your Content to the extent reasonably required by us to provide the Website to our customers or to ensure adherence to or enforce the terms of these Terms and Conditions,
ii.Your Warranty to Us—You will have thereby confirmed, represented and warranted to us that you have all rights, titles and interests, as well as the power and authority necessary, to grant the license to Your Content set out above, and
iii. Your Indemnity of Us—You will indemnify and save us harmless from and against any liabilities, actions, proceedings, claims, causes of action, demands, debts, losses, damages, charges and costs, including reasonable legal costs, any amount paid to settle any action or to satisfy a judgment and expenses of any kind and character whatsoever incurred by us relating to or arising from Your Content, including instances where the Your Content (A) infringes any Third Party Content or other third-party intellectual property rights, or (B) is inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unla
e. Advertising—We will have the right, without notice, to insert advertising data into the Website, so long as this does not involve our transmission of any of your personal information in contravention of our Privacy Statement.
- Disclaimers, limits of liability and indemnities.
a. User acknowledgement—you acknowledge and agree that:
(i) all use of the website provided by us is at your own risk;
(ii) the website may contain links to other websites, which are provided solely as a convenience to you and the inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by us of such websites or the information contained therein; and
(iii) the website provided under these terms and conditions is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
B. Disclaimer of warranties—we make no conditions, warranties or representations about the suitability, reliability, usability, security, quality, capacity, performance, availability, timeliness or accuracy of the website or any other products supplied under these terms and conditions. We expressly disclaim all conditions, warranties and representations, express, implied or statutory, including implied conditions or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title and non-infringement, whether arising by usage of trade, by course of dealing, by course of performance, at law, in equity, by statute or otherwise howsoever.
C. No liability—notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions, in no event will we, our affiliates, or our controlling parties, agents, employees, suppliers, resellers and distributors (collectively, in these capitalized sections, “we” or “us”) be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, or any other damages or losses whatsoever, including damages for loss of profits, goodwill, opportunity, earnings, use or data, arising directly or indirectly from or related to these terms and conditions or the use, or non-use of the website or any software, regardless of the cause of action and even if one or more of us have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, including damages or losses arising from or in any way related to the following: (i) any loss or damage to data arising directly or indirectly out of use or non-use of the website or related component; (ii) delays, errors, interruptions, mistakes, omissions, non-delivery, incorrect delivery, or defects on or related to the website. Without restricting the foregoing, if circumstances arise in which you or another party is entitled to recover damages from one or more of us, the aggregate liability of us for damages is limited to the amount paid to us by you through the website during the six-month period preceding the circumstances in which such liability arises.
D. Applicability—some jurisdictions prohibit the disclaimer of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation of certain types of liability. In such circumstances, to the extent that such prohibitions prohibit any exclusions and limitations in these terms and conditions, such exclusions and limitations will not apply to you strictly to the extent necessary to make these terms and conditions consistent with such prohibitions.
- Enforceability. Your use of the Website and the content and features accessed through the Website constitute your electronic signature to the agreement set out in these Terms and Conditions and your consent to enter into agreements with us electronically. This Agreement will be deemed to satisfy any writings requirements of any applicable law, notwithstanding that the agreement set out in these Terms and Conditions is written and accepted electronically. All contracts between you and us completed electronically will be deemed for all legal purposes to be in writing and legally enforceable as a signed written agreement.
- Interpretation. In these Terms and Conditions, (i) the captions and headings are for convenience only and do not constitute substantive matter and are not to be construed as interpreting the contents of these Terms and Conditions, (ii) the word “including”, the word “includes” and the phrase “such as”, when following a general statement or term (whether or not non-limiting language such as “without limitation” or “but not limited to” or other words of similar import are used with reference thereto), is not to be construed as limiting, and the word “or” between two or more listed matters does not imply an exclusive relationship between the matters being connected, and (iii) all references to website addresses or URLs will also include any successor or replacement websites containing substantially similar information as the referenced website(s).
- Waiver of Rights and Remedies. Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between you and us nor trade practice will act to modify any provision of these Terms and Conditions. Our rights, powers and remedies in these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation the right to suspend, restrict or terminate any use of the Website, are cumulative and in addition to and not in substitution for any right, power or remedy that may be available to us at law or in equity.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability will attach only to such provision or part thereof and the remaining part of such provision and all other provisions hereof will continue in full force and effect.
- Notices. Any notice, consent, waiver, approval, authorization or other communication to be delivered in connection with these Terms and Conditions
a. by us to you will be deemed to have been effectively and validly given if delivered or sent to any of the contact particulars then listed in your Account;
b. by you to us will only be deemed to have been effectively and validly given if in writing and delivered or submitted to the Chief Privacy Officer.
- Assignment and Inurement. We may at any time assign our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, without notice to you. You may not assign these Terms and Conditions without our prior, written consent. These Terms and Conditions will inure to the benefit of and bind you and us and our respective personal and legal representatives, successors and permitted assigns.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for a failure to fulfil its obligations under these Terms and Conditions or for delay in doing so if such failure or delay is due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, such as acts of nature, acts of government, war, riots, strikes and accidents in transportation, but excluding a lack of financing, cash or credit.
Money Back Guarantee
We understand that there is a certain level of risk associated with the implementation of any new software or process. Therefore, we offer a three-month money-back guarantee to all new clients.
This guarantee applies only to new clients and is applicable only to subscription fees – fees associated with the system implementation are excluded from this guarantee.
Just as no two distribution environments are the same, no two implementations are the same. Therefore, our guarantee is specific and customized to each implementation and client.
A guarantee will not be issued without a Strategic Opportunity Assessment having been completed; however, Strategic Opportunity Assessment findings alone do not constitute a guarantee.
All guarantees will be reliant on reasonable expectations surrounding consistent use of our solutions, data availability, and other recommendations associated with Strategic Opportunity Assessment findings.
Additional terms and conditions will apply and will be discussed prior to implementation.