– Supply Chain Insight –
How Agile is your Labor Reporting?
Looking for a competitive advantage? Start by removing the gap between strategy and execution.
The planning / reporting cycle of most companies often looks the same:
- Scheduling of personnel happens weekly
- Labor productivity is periodically throughout the shift
- Overtime is approved toward the end of the shift, if needed
- Financials are compiled at the end of the month after closing
- Financial results are available often weeks after closing the month
In best-in-class operations, the planning / reporting cycle is agile:
- Scheduling of personnel happens weekly and is refined daily through shift planning
- Productivity is tracked in real-time throughout the shift
- Output trends project overtime requirements prior to the shift starting
- Before each shift, supervisors understand the impact of their shift plan in terms of labor costs and whether they are within expected productivity and budget goals
- Financial results are available daily and aggregated weekly, monthly, and quarterly, bringing cost-per-case front and center.
Categories: Warehouse Optimization,